Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

BOE Meeting Preview

Classes are back in session and so is the BOE. I'll be attending tonight's meeting and I've posted the agenda below.

I'm anxious to hear Superintendent Michael Nast's latest news on the budget. The task will get more complicated because the on-again off-again implementation of Connecticut's in-school suspension is on again. This will mean that money may have to be allocated in this year's budget to cover the cost of providing supervision for students who serve their suspensions in the classroom.

I'm also eager to learn about the status of contract negotiations with the Superintendent designee Dr. Susan Marks.

I'll try to post a summary late tonight and a full recap on Wednesday.

In the meantime I just learned that the Obama Administration has changed the Dept. Of Education's policy on Title IX sports for girls. I wonder what what trickle-down effect, if any, this will have on Norwalk schools because universities will be analyzing athletic participation at the high school level.

agend001-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis